Submit your questions to: forcteindia!gmail.com
- Namaste, son is 2 years young ,I’m thinking about his further academic education with my bitter experience in schools, I don’t want to send him to School, It starts with comparison with one another, pressuring for scores and estimating a child through its scores .at the end a genius child with being a fool after spending 15 years there …please suggest me what can be done …I really need guidance.
A warm welcome! Very happy to hear from you and your understanding. You are right that the curriculum, pedagogy and the premise that education based today is faulty and far away from the call “sa vidya ya vimuktaye”.
5 years is when Vidyarambha samskara is to commence and not before that. Provide oppotunities for Krsna-krida (or play just as Lord Krsna played) till then. However some training in arts such as Gitam and Nrtyam can start apart from play but from age 4 to 5. Upto 4, they can be exposed or oriented but no formal learning of arts too. Whatever they pick up should be by their own natural interest.
In this Marathon, sprinting starts only at age 5. At age 5 to 6 they can by heart vishnu sahsranama, whole of bhagavadgita, other stotras and 6-7 focus on copy writing, pustaka vachana kala and can start Dhatu patha.
Age 7-8, training in 30 qualities for civilized human beings as mentioned in Bhagavatam + 20×20 multiplication tables, further expertise in reading and writing. Top all this with nava vidha bhakti (sravanam, kirtanam…) always starting now.
Other learned members can suggest in the group. Thank you very much for your enthusiasm.
2. Bharat ji …. cannot we make childeren join gurukuls at 5yrs ..
ANS: Gurukula education begins at 8 yrs with upanayana samskara. 7-8 is Gurukula induction where they learn guru shushrusha and disciplined lifestyle + 30 qualities which can be done in Gurukula or outside by parents.
3. Can you suggest if we can join 12yrs child in gurukul
ANS: Quite late. 14th year vrtti education (livelihood ed) is supposed to start. But no jarm. Even one moment spent under a guru is beneficial for whole life and after life. Lava matra sadhu sanga sarva siddhim labhet
4. There are many parents willing to give alternate education to their kids. But they want a school which is in line with modern schools with traditional education.
REPLY: That is possible by tying up NIOS. Madrasas all over India are running in this model
5. What are the 30 qualities of a civilized human being as mentioned in Bhagwatam ? Can you please share it with verse reference, if you have handy? Hare Krishna
REPLY: SB 7.11.8-12